Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Croissant Pudding

Simple warm Vanilla Croissant Pudding with ice-cream
My version


Hi! :) Back after a long break.. Had been living out of a suitcase on and off for more than two months now. That sort of a life is sometimes great, 'coz for me, travelling is endorsing a change as a much needed evolution. ;) New places, new experiences, new environments, new lifestyles and so on.. But, getting back home for brief halts, unpacking, washing laundry, trying to sort work into track and then packing afresh for yet another journey, puts my other side of life to an imbalance.. Jet lag, sleepless travelling, adapting to new climates and new tastes, adjusting into different sleeping spaces and above all living out of a suitcase kind of makes me less resilient and miss being back in my own space of life.. I crave to get back to a normal routine life, wherein I can settle down, sleep peacefully on my own bed, relax and be able to think, have an organized life, catch up with family and friends, have time to unleash my creativity and above all COOK!! When cooking something new doesn't happen and I am overloaded with so much to finish and catch up on, blogging too hauls off!! Don't get me wrong.. ;) That's not an excuse I am making.. :) Just informed why I go missing sometimes!! :D 


Well, coming back home is a warmth to the heart and so I am here with a heartwarming recipe as well.. :) Extremely simple indulgence.. Welcome back to my kitchen! :)

Ingredients :







Plain butter croissants
-

3 medium sized
Fresh eggs
-

2 nos.
Sugar
-

50 g
Salt
-

A pinch
Fresh cream
-

100 ml
Vanilla essence
-

1 teaspoon
Full fat milk
-

100 ml
Butter
-

To grease the baking dish




Preparation Method :

Grease your baking dish with some butter.



Tear apart the croissants into chunks to almost fill the dish.


Whisk up the eggs in a bowl. Add the sugar and the salt. Give that another quick blend.


Add the fresh cream and whisk in.


Add the vanilla and milk. Whisk all that well.


Pour the mixture evenly onto the croissants.


Press down and let the croissants absorb in the mixture. Allow that to sit for 2 minutes and then sprinkle some sugar evenly on top.


For best results, I'd recommend baking this pudding in an oven. However, if you do not have an oven, you could also bake this in a microwave. But, I cannot guarantee a light, fluffy pudding with a crisp surface in that case. It might turn out a bit soggy when baked in a microwave.


Preheat  the oven in either case on 180 degree centigrade. If you are baking in the oven, bake on 180 degree centigrade for 20 minutes. If you are using the microwave, bake on 200 degree centigrade for 10 minutes. Again, baking time could vary in different microwaves.


Its best to have this pudding warm.


Scoop out some pudding onto a plate. Serve with some nice vanilla ice-cream. MMmm... True indulgence! :)



2 comments:

  1. is there any substitute for EGG in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egg is the main ingredient in this recipe, so I doubt.. :/ But, I have good news for you!! :D If custard mix is available in your area, blend it in milk and make a thick custard following the instructions on the tin.. and when you are done, pour the hot custard onto the croissants and allow to cool and then refrigerate.. :D You wont have to face the hassles of baking too.. :) try it and let me know.. :D

      Delete

I would love to hear from you.. :) Write to me here..