Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Laiji's Special Salad

Laiji's Special Salad
My recipe



when it comes to Healthy eating, I believe in "eating nutritious at the same time being able to enjoy what you eat." I say so, because to many of us, Spinach and Avocado might not seem appetizing! 😊 I too agree, that on its own, yes, it is pretty bland. But, trust me, try this salad and you wouldn't believe it has avocado or spinach in it..

By the way, I am back to the blog after a veryyyy long break.. ðŸ˜Š No excuses!! ðŸ˜Œ Now was the Time.. and here I am back again.. ðŸ˜Š Let's head straight into the recipe. (Unlike earlier, all the photos taken for this blog were with my Samsung Note5.)

Ingredients :









Baby Spinach
-

as much as you prefer (I suggest half a bowl)

Avocado
-

1



For the Dressing:





Lemon or Lime Juice
-

1 tablespoon

Salt
-

To taste

Black pepper (freshly ground)
-

As required

Extra virgin olive oil
-

1 tablespoon

Balsamic vinegar
-

1 tablespoon

Honey
-

1 tablespoon



To Roast:
Seeds :




Sesame seeds
-

1 tablespoon

Flax-seed 
-

1 tablespoon

Nuts :

Walnuts
-

7 - 8 pieces 

Pecans 
-

7 - 8 pieces




Preparation Method :

Wash and air dry the baby spinach. 



Avocado is what gives this salad its creamy texture. Of course, its a healthy fat too! ðŸ˜Š




For the Dressing: 

Squeeze the juice off half a lime or a tablespoon of lemon.



Add in the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. (A tablespoon each)


Add salt to taste, freshly ground black pepper and a tablespoon of honey.



To Roast : 



The Seeds

Sesame seeds and flax seeds roasted together,  and slightly crushed gives the dressing a whole new texture and flavor. Of course, a healthy punch of Omega 3 fats too. 



The Nuts :

Walnuts and Pecans are the nuts of my choice for this recipe. You could add the nuts of your choice too, but, I do not guarantee the same taste.. ðŸ˜Š
Slightly and coarsely crush the nuts to release all its healthy oils and then roast it until it starts to brown. Add it hot into the dressing.


Cut your avocado into 2 halves and remove the pit.  Then score into the fruit without cutting through the skin as seen below to get perfectly diced avocado. Scoop out the dices with a tablespoon. Nothing makes me happier than cutting into a perfectly ripe avocado. ðŸ˜Š Add this to the dressing.


Mix the dressing and the avocado well until a few of the avocado pieces are mushed and gives the dressing the perfect creamy texture. Scoop it clear onto the Baby spinach and mix well. 



Honestly, I prefer clean hands to do the mixing, to evenly coat each leaf with the dressing. 


At this point taste a little and hope it tastes just as awesome as my salad.. ðŸ˜Š Hopefully it will.. ðŸ˜Š



This is a meal in itself, loaded with healthy fats and nutritious vitamins. You could also have it with grills or poached / fried / boiled eggs.


Enjoy this delicious salad and let me know how you liked it.. ðŸ˜Š 

Lots of Love ðŸ˜Š

8 comments:

  1. Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.

    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but
    I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about
    creating my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come
    back later on. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking questions are genuinely nice thing if you are not understanding
    anything totally, but this post provides good understanding even.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I constantly spent my half an hour to read
    this blog's articles or reviews all the time along with
    a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With havin so much written content do you ever run into
    any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot
    of completely unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping
    it up all over the web without my permission. Do you
    know any techniques to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay.

    I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't
    loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show
    the same outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
    put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it
    pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.. :) Write to me here..